Subject: Re: Dual disk BA23's
To: None <PORT-VAX@NETBSD.ORG>
From: None <PORTVAX@trailing-edge.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/26/2000 19:55:06
>I vaguely recall reading someone who mentioned that DEC did not support a
>BA23 with dual hard drives in its two bays. I have found this is not the
>case, the VS3200 in the rack configuration shipped in at least one
>configuration where the it had two BA23s, the "top" one was two drives and
>the bottom one had the TK50 in it. I've got half of one of those and the
>plastic front has a tan cover over where the TK50 would go and two disk
>control stations (WPROT/Ready) for Drive 0 and Drive 1.

This configuration is well-documented in THIRD-PARTY-DISKS.TXT,
a resource that I *thought* would be well-known among the readers
of port-vax.  For those who haven't seen it, you can get it from

 ftp://ftp.spc.edu/third-party-disks.txt

This DECUServe collection, made available by Terry Kennedy, has many
notes on upgrading, replacing, and configuring RQDXn controllers
and their associated hard drives and floppy drives.

Specifically, check notes 93.16 through 93.18 for details on the
6-button front panel configuration.

--
 Tim Shoppa                        Email: shoppa@trailing-edge.com
 Trailing Edge Technology          WWW:   http://www.trailing-edge.com/