Subject: Re: root login refused on tty ttySf
From: Talon <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/25/2000 23:46:10
    I'm clueless then, unless there is no root password set. I know X for
pmax won't let you log in without a root password set. Could that be it? All
my pmaxen are busy and my VS is formatting HD's so I can't check.
    I was thinking that maybe if he booted to single user, checked the
passwd and group files. If they are intact and the root password is set
correctly, isn't there a way to remap the console to a port? I seem to
remember seeing something in a kernel config file somewhere.

    Chris