Subject: Re: VS II/RC funzies... what are the pieces?
To: Greg Ingram <ingram@symsys.com>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/24/2000 13:49:27
> I recorded the original configuration of my VSII/RC.  Look at:
>
> 	http://www.symsys.com/~ingram/hardware/vax.html

Thanks, all for the various responses.

OK, now I am really VAXconfused......(:+{{...

In a previous post I gave the boards I had.  Briefly, a KA630,
MS630-B, Clearpoint MV2/RAM/8, DiLogic QD696, M7546 TK50, Viking
VIK/QTO scsi, DZQ11, DEQNA.

The case is missing the front panel bezel, but on the front of the
thing were the letters ``VS II/RC'' on a metal plate with led,
power stuff, etc.  The case is a thin tower about 6 inches wide,
with a backplane of 8 slots, which looks like a jpg shot in the
NetBSD archives of a MicroVAX I.

What have I actually got?  Is it someones rehash of a MicroVAX I tower?
It did not look like the MVII in the NetBSD jpg files.  The label says
VS II/RC, and the paperwork from the university surplus says MVII.   Yet,
I could find no video boards in it apparently, so it is not a VS but is
a MV?

Dooooh..... me veddy confused....

Any insights are appreciated.

My guess is the board set is what counts more than whatever case it
sits in, but, my VAXspeak needs some clarification..... to prevent
future dire confusion.

As to the MS630-B.... that is a memory board and not a video board?

As to the VIK/QTO scsi.... that is for tape only and not scsi HD?

Mebbie that is why it got surplussed..... noone knew what it was,
anymore..... they could not find any docs or tapes or whatever
on it at its home dept....oh, well....

Thanks

Bob