Subject: Re: DEQNA Netbooting?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/23/2000 16:57:31
On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, der Mouse wrote:

> The VAX netbooting pages on www.netbsd.org say that the DEQNA is not
> supported for netbooting.
>
> Is this still true?  If so, what would have to change to fix it?

DEQNA and DELQA netbooting works quite well now.  I don't know about
directly bootloading the kernel.  I think the official limit for MOPable
images on older VAXen is 64KB, and then at some point it was upped to
256KB.  In practice I think we managed around 1000KB on the systems,
including the VAXstation 2000 and MicroVAX II.  The Linux port has just
been directly MOPing their initial kernel attempts.

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
               But enough talk about serious science.
               Let's talk about ELASTIC BACON!  -- K.