Subject: Hi all ! (+ a few questions :)
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/18/2000 15:08:39
Hi all,
I'm now the happy owner of a MicroVax 3300. Of couse I've got it without
docs so I have a few questions :)
The machine has the following modules I didn't find in the docs on the web
site (unfortunably the site with the FAQ is down):
- DSV11-SA, looks like a 2 ports serial board.
- CXY08-M, looks like a 8-ports serial board

can someone confirm ?
The machine seems to boot when I power it on. On the mainboard there is
a 1-digit display which ends in state '3' after running some other digits.
Does someone knows what it means ?

I guess the serial console has to be connected to the motherboard's port
marked A1, with 2 arrows. This is a strange 6-pin connector between RJ11 and
RJ45, and if I remember properly there was the same thing on a decsystem.
I have a cable with this connector at both ends but no adaptator to a
standar DB25 connector. Is the wiring described somewhere ? I could
certainly just cut the cable and sold a DB25 on it ...

If all goes well I should have a NetBSD/vax machine soon :)