Subject: Re: Applixware for NetBSD (fwd)
To: Jamie Lovick <jalovick@drasticsolutions.com.au>
From: ville hautakangas <vhautaka@cs.Helsinki.FI>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/14/2000 13:33:47
> Is there ayet a setup (Dare I say NetBSD or otherwise, preferably free ..
> :) ) that will allow me to setup a VS4000VLC as a diskless X-Terminal ?
>
> Any info would be aprecieated. I might find a good use for them .. :)

I would use Ultrix or even OpenVMS on it, if I only had a display that
would cooperate with it. The displays on VS2000 and VS3100 won't
work :(

My 4000 (actually "my" 4000 since I don't officially own it, yet I have
not heard from the guy who owns it for a year or something) has 16 MB
ram, which should make it a really nice X terminal. And yeah, they
seem to be SIMMs, so probably it could be fairly easily upgraded to
32 MB. Of course there has to be parity issues and such, but SIMM's
are anyhow much easier to find than those evil memory boards
in VS3100's.

- hautis