Subject: Re: Dementia and DECservers
From: Alex van Denzel <bitbucket@adenzel.demon.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/13/2000 22:42:14
Greg Ingram wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, ville hautakangas wrote:
>
> > Speaking of insane thoughts, I got this idea about writing an OS for a
> > DECserver 200. One of those 8-port terminal servers with a 68000.

Another freaky machine to port a NetBSD on should be the Digital
InfoServer 150. When it's closed it looks like a MV3100, when it's open,
it looks like a MV3100, but it seems to be, misquoteing Douglas Adams:
``a machine that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike a MicroVAX''

Maybe: A NetBSD port in a laserprinter (based on i960 or something like
that). Console on the serial port, zip-drive on parallel port...

--
Alex

Replace bitbucket with anything else.