Subject: Re: Q-bus IDE: Good luck!
To: None <allisonp@world.std.com>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@crue.jdwarren.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/11/2000 13:42:20
hey! i didnt say that IDE was specifically unreliable! heck, most disks in
the past decade are all the same with different logic boards attached!
i do say though that just about anythign made in the past few years i
wouldn't trust. It's all of the low-cost,low-quality genre which makes
even the 'high performance' models suspect. I was just extolling the
virtues of the late CDC disks, notably the Wren-7 as i mentioned, which has
been a paragon of indesctructibility in my experience. They stand up to
physical abuse, water, electrical anomalies, poor power feeds, cold and
hot, and i've not lost a single bit of data from one yet.

most any disk made in the past few years, though, i woudlnt trust.

just my $.02

isildur