Subject: Re: VaxStation 3100 serial questions
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@crue.jdwarren.com>
From: Tim Shoppa <shoppa@alph01.triumf.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/11/2000 05:31:08
Isildur wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jan 100, Tim Shoppa wrote:
> > You can buy these from any major electronics part distributor, i.e.
> > www.digikey.com, www.mouser.com, etc.
>
> Actually i havent seen the DEC-style connectors in the last couple
> Digi-key catalogs. might not have been looking closely enough but i did
> notice that i didnt see them... :(

Digi-Key part number A9057-ND, AMP part number 5-555237-2.  www.digikey.com
says they still have 3317 in stock, which out to be enough for most of
the port-vax subscribers as long as they don't start hoarding :-).

I hope I don't sound like a Digi-Key shill here, *but* I've been a customer
of theirs for, let's see, 4 different decades (assuming that you count
2000's as a decade.)

I can't be the only one here who remembers when Digi-Key sold, well,
Digital Keyers?  Or (more recently) when most of their part numbers
*didn't* end with -ND?

When Digi-Key and Mouser and Newark and Black Box run out, I'll probably
still have a few thousand MMJ cables *here* :-).

--
 Tim Shoppa                        Email: shoppa@trailing-edge.com
 Trailing Edge Technology          WWW:   http://www.trailing-edge.com/