Subject: Re: VaxStation 3100 serial questions
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@crue.jdwarren.com>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/10/2000 21:44:47
On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Lord Isildur wrote:

> very good point. A crimper that has bits for the offset tab is NOT easy
> to find and your $14.99 ratshack crimper won't do it :-)
> if you can't live with just RJ45's with the tab trimmed off, you're
> better off buying these things. A few bucks aint that much!!!

I was able to find them at Fry's Electronics in So Cal without much
difficulty.  It's an IDEAL Telemaster #30-497 which handles MMJ and RJ45.
It's not top of the line but it only cost me around $50. I've had really
good experiences with the Telemaster line, and is about as good of a
crimper as I'd ever expect to need :-)

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
 On Earth it's always something.  In Heaven it's always Kibo.  -- K.