Subject: Re: VaxStation 3100 serial questions
To: None <kryogenix@crosswinds.net>
From: Tim Shoppa <shoppa@alph01.triumf.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/10/2000 16:52:54
> I recently got two VS3100's models m38 (I think).  I have no monitor or keyboard
> so I'll need to use a serial console under netbsd.  Does anyone know of a supplier
> that still makes those funky MMJ-25pin cables?  Can they still be ordered for
> DEC/Compaq?

Yes, they can.  See the OpenVMS FAQ (at http://www.openvms.digital.com/ )
for part number details and wiring schematics.

>  If I could just get a MMJ connector I'd make a cable.

You can buy these from any major electronics part distributor, i.e.
www.digikey.com, www.mouser.com, etc.

You'll find that you need a MMJ crimper to attach the connector, though,
and that won't be cheap, as the crimper is about 100 times as expensive
as a single connector.

I sell individual MMJ to DB25 and MMJ to DE9 cables at (what I believe to
be) reasonably low prices.  See http://www.trailing-edge.com/www/mmj.html
for on-line ordering details.

Tim. (shoppa@trailing-edge.com)