Subject: Re: VS3100 funzies.....
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/10/2000 14:41:41
On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, NetBSD Bob wrote:

> 1.  Does the VSX40 8 plane color card work with NetBSD on VS3100 machines?

No.  Only the mono framebuffer is supported on the VAXstations 3100 and
2000, and the VT1300.  I believe others are occassionaly poking at the
color support, but I don't know of any definite plans to support it soon.

> 2.   When my VS3100 M30 or VS3100 M38 boot, on the mono monitors, VR-262
> and VRM-17, it originally boots in a large font 36 or so line mode.
> After the NetBSD first stage boot, it changes font to a 58 line or so
> VT100 mode.  I like the automatic VT100 emulation, BUT, since I am
> slightly myopic it can be difficult to read the 58 line screen.
> Can the screen be operated in the 35 line mode that it originally boots
> in, rather than changing to the microscopic font?  If so, how?

I don't think there are any provisions for it, but I think the suggestion
is a good one.  Is there any precedent for this sort of thing on the other
NetBSD ports?  (Allowing a choice of console font resolutions at either
boot time, or even kernel compile time).

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
      I'm sorry, this doesn't make any sense.  TO YOU!!!  -- K.