Subject: VS3100 funzies.....
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/10/2000 10:18:41
For the sake of discussion..... (it seems I am always in need of some
discussion).....

1.  Does the VSX40 8 plane color card work with NetBSD on VS3100 machines?
For the fun of it, I tried it last night.  Fine on Ultrix 4.2A, but
died with an abort to prom early in the boot process on NetBSD-1.4P.
What are the incompatibilities involved with the VSX40 color card
and NetBSD?  Is this likely to be resolved, or should I default to
the mono monitors for now?  Eventually, it might be nice to get one
VS3100 up in graphics mode, if the hardware is compatible.

2.   When my VS3100 M30 or VS3100 M38 boot, on the mono monitors, VR-262
and VRM-17, it originally boots in a large font 36 or so line mode.
After the NetBSD first stage boot, it changes font to a 58 line or so
VT100 mode.  I like the automatic VT100 emulation, BUT, since I am
slightly myopic it can be difficult to read the 58 line screen.
Can the screen be operated in the 35 line mode that it originally boots
in, rather than changing to the microscopic font?  If so, how?

Thanks

Bob