Subject: RZ23? [Was Re: problems booting Vaxstation 3100 m38 (SPX)]
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/08/2000 10:39:26
On Sat, 8 Jan 2000, Anders Hogrelius SdU wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2000, Michael Kukat wrote:

> > Didn't read all, but: Are you sure ? I recently booted the sysinst 1.4.1 from
> > an RZ23L on my both DECstations. Or is this problem just VAX-related.
>
> Yepp, it's VAX-related. So far i haven't heard of any problems on the
> DEC-station, which don't surprise me, since it's a different architecture.

Has anyone independently verfied this?  I know I'm running both an RZ22
and an RZ24 without problems.  The RZ23 may be different, but I just don't
see any good reasons why the RZ23 wouldn't be working.  Unless it's a SCSI
spin up thing, which you can at least test to get around by doing a show
dev at the VAXstation 3100 boot PROM.

You also should submit a problem report using either send-pr or the
on-line form http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/sendpr.cgi?gndb=netbsd

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
Remember, the more evil you are, the more tinted your explosion is.
It's those particles called evilons that do it.  -- K.