Subject: Re: Problems mounting HD
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/08/2000 01:02:08
Hi !

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Chuck McManis wrote:
> Note that unless this drive was "formatted" using the RQDX3 controller I
> don't think it will recognize it. If you have the XXDP code handy you could
> do it, or if you have a later vax like a KA655 then the formmater is in
> firmware. I've forgotten/lost which CPU you are using, so I can't advise
> further.

Or take the inofficial DEC HD-Formatter: VAXstation 2000 :-) I heard of
different formats to RQDX3 in some cases, but i successfully formatted a dying
RD54, it works very fine now.
Try "test 70" upwards, somewhere in the 7x region there was the formatter.

...Michael

--
 Michael@camaronet.de, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.camaronet.de
 Visit the german VAXpage: http://www.vaxpower.de