Subject: Re: Q-Bus IDE controllers.
To: Lord Isildur <isildur@guild.net>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/07/2000 21:11:54
On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Lord Isildur wrote:

> >   Speaking of fun projects and Xilinx chips...I'd *love* to have an FPGA
> > implementation of a pdp8 (probably an 8/e) with an IDE interface. :-)
>
> there at least _used_ to exist PDP8-on-a-chips out there. poking around in
> a (massively disorganized) accumulation of info i've gathered yielded a
> part number: IM6100. cursory scanning of a digi-key catalog doesnt turn
> one up, though- it might not be in production anymore..
>
> anyhow, hope this helps a bit

I can fill that in a bit more. Harris manufactured the 6100, as did
Intersil, I think. There was also a 6120 I think, which provided some more
stuff. And they also did some peripherial chips with that.
The DECmate machines used that processor. Harris stopped selling them in
the late eighties or so.

	Johnny