Subject: VAX port status?
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/07/2000 18:50:23
> >  "Days" is surely exaggerated for anything but perhaps
> >a VS2000 w/ 8mb or less and polled-io SCSI.
>
> The last time I successfully built GENERIC on my uVAX II it took just over
> 35 hours. (ESDI disks and 13MB of RAM)

Wow... I'm impressed.   It took my uVAX3100/30 only 5-1/2 hours to build
a new kernel.  I did not imagine the new drivers would make that much
difference.  Apparently they do.... Kudos to the porting crewe.....

Speaking of current code.... When are things settling into a 1.4.2-alpha
snapshot level?  Anyone have a handle on that.  I noticed the pmax, sparc,
and i386 trees were on 1.4.2-alpha already.  The VAX tree is a couple of
months back, unless there are snapshots out, elsewhere, and not in the
main archive, that I am not aware of.

Thanks

Bob