Subject: Re: sysinst program / procedure / whadeva
To: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
From: ville hautakangas <vhautaka@cs.Helsinki.FI>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/06/2000 13:19:33
> It's not a good idea to try to use a RZ23 or a RZ23L. Somewhere along the
> way it seems as the support for the RZ23 disks got broken. The disks can
> be labeled, but newfs doesn't work, neither does dd. When newfs'ing the
> disk it emits a screeching sound and spins down. I've tried this with

Darn. Then I guess I'll either have to get the system to run on 50 megs or
wait for the RZ23 support to work again and use NFS in the meantime.
I just feel that it'd be more "right" to have the little VAX run standalone
:)

Somebody said the 1.3something edlabel would work? So if I dd'd the 1.3
bootfs into a hard drive, it could do the labelling and formatting (if
there's a
formatting tool in the bootfs package)?

How is RD5x support for VAXstation 2000? I could probably dig the VS2000
out of my parents' basement one of these days...

- hautis