Subject: Re: sysinst program / procedure / whadeva
To: ville hautakangas <vhautaka@cs.Helsinki.FI>
From: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/05/2000 19:28:23
On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, ville hautakangas wrote:
<snip>
> I intend to put the system on an RZ23 and swap and probably /var, /tmp
> or something
> on a 50-meg Quantum,
</snip>

It's not a good idea to try to use a RZ23 or a RZ23L. Somewhere along the
way it seems as the support for the RZ23 disks got broken. The disks can
be labeled, but newfs doesn't work, neither does dd. When newfs'ing the
disk it emits a screeching sound and spins down. I've tried this with
several disks, both RZ23's and RZ23L's with the same result. The disks
work perfectly well in a PC or with VMS, so it's definitely something
wrong in the netbsd-code.

--
cheers,

/Anders

"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according
to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs, the
future, for which I really worked, is mine."
(Nikola Tesla, 1856-1943)

* Anders Hogrelius SdU   Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se
* 72216 Vasteras