Subject: Re: Anything strange about a uVAX 3100-M38?
To: Akos Varga <hamster@telnet.hu>
From: Wolfgang Rupp <rupp@chello.at>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/05/2000 08:18:08
Akos Varga wrote:
> Yep, sure! We all start up to build the ultimate mouse trap, eer, I
> mean the best DEC-related page, and then we all run out of time, and
> our pages become abandoned, which is quite sad :( I think the pre-3100
> VAXen are nicely documented at VAXarchive and at my site
> (www.telnet.hu/hamster/dr/ blahblah:), but it's difficult to find any
> information on the various 3100/4000 boxes, not to mention their
> system options and the settings of disks, monitors, etc...

I don't propose the ultimate mousetrap.
I propose ultimate mousetrap functionality :-)

When we have agreed on the desired functionality of the u.m.t.,
we can link all those mousetraps out there to get what we want.
Some mousetraps will be missing - these need to be created, but
there is really no need to duplicate what's already here.

BTW, that's one of the first statements on my website...

Wolfgang