Subject: Q-bus IDE: Good luck!
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/03/2000 21:57:20
	Just my $.02 worth...

	I'm in favor of saving $$ as much as anyone, but just the thought of
running what used to be high-end microcomputers (heck, borderline minis)
with IDE drives gives me the heebie-jeebies, especially considering the
limitations inherent to the IDE architecture, and the "reliability" (or
lack thereof) of many of the mass-produced drives.

	I'd be curious to know what happens if any of you work it out, but I'll be
watching from the sidelines on this one. I have enough ESDI, SCSI, and SMD
devices to keep me going for a while.

	Best of luck, though. It sounds like it could be a worthwhile project.

Bruce Lane, Owner and head honcho, Blue Feather Technologies
http://www.bluefeathertech.com  // E-mail: kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com
Amateur Radio: WD6EOS since Dec. '77
"Our science can only describe an object, event, or living thing in our
own human terms. It cannot, in any way, define any of them..."