Subject: Maxtor XT-8760S 700mb drive in VS3100 or DS5000/200?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org, port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/03/2000 13:57:21
I have what appears to be a functional Maxtor XT8760S drive that has a note
on it that the previous owner had used it with a DS5000 machine.  My problem
is that I can't get the thing to spin up properly.  It may be nuked or it
may have a jumper off somewhere.  Anyone have a motor-on-at-power-up jumper
setting for this drive?  Either my VS3100 or my DS5000 gets it, if it works,
so it might be a useful drive, assuming I can find the right settings.
Any pointers thereto are appreciated.  Places like theref and that sort
of url don't have any jumper settings, just the minimal specs.

Thanks

Bob