Subject: [Fwd: Unable to mount HD]
To: NetBSD VAX Port <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris <jcwunder@eikon.tum.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/03/2000 16:01:46
--------------DC697C51E467CC73C18DB000

Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 16:01:05 +0100
From: Chris <jcwunder@eikon.tum.de>
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
Subject: Re: Unable to mount HD

Anders Magnusson wrote:

> > Hi,
> > I'm trying to install NetBSD 1.4.1 on my uVAX II. Netbooting works fine,
> > but the install tool and the Kernel are unable to mount the HD (Maxtor
> > XT2190) connected to the RQDX3 MFM controller. The Kernel tells me the
> > device is offline. Who can tell me how to fix this ?
> > Any help/solution is appreciated.
> >
> Check that you have pushed the "online" button on the front of your machine.
>
> -- Ragge

The "Ready" button doesn't have any effect, the LED doesn't turn on. Maybe the
cable connected to the RQDX3 isn't correctly assigned to pin nr. 1. Who can
tell me where pin nr. 1 is on the RQDX3 controller ?. Is there a chance to get
the testing  software for the RQDX3 controller ?

Chris

--------------DC697C51E467CC73C18DB000--