Subject: Re: Anything strange about a uVAX 3100-M38?
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Wolfgang Rupp <rupp@chello.at>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/02/2000 22:17:47
NetBSD Bob wrote:
> I have a VX8(?) 8 plane
In my box, it's called SPX.

> color board for it,  but I could not seem to get that to work.  What specific
> monitors (mono or color) are required with that board, and does NetBSD
> support those properly, yet?
My VS3100M38 came with a DEC VRT19-D3 (Sony GDM-1960):
1280x1024 @ 66.5Hz, 70.7 kHz, 119MHz Pixel Clock.
NetBSD currently does not support color video.
The cables for mono and color video go into the same plug, but have
different pinout. I could not use a mono monitor with the color cable.

>  And that mystical little switch on the back,
> next to the idiot lights, needs to go up or down to use the graphics board?
down is built-in video (color if present, otherwise mono)
up is serial console

> The machine has one 4M memory board (the bottom 4M board seems to be missing).
> What memory boards can fill it out to 16M or 32M and where might I find one?
Sorry, no clue. Maximum memory is 32MB.

I started to compile a mini-FAQ on these systems. see http://wfr.net
Warning: not complete yet.

Wolfgang