Subject: Re: compiling a kernel on an MVII
To: Matthias Buelow <mkb@altair.mayn.de>
From: Arno Griffioen <arno@usn.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/29/1999 08:26:46
> On my VS3100 (KA-42A cpu, 24mb RAM), building the NetBSD kernel
> takes ~5 hours.  "Days" is surely exaggerated for anything but perhaps

About the same on my uVAX 3600 with 32 Mb RAM and a local drive.
Just built the 1.4P kernel (and currently running) in about that time.

> Anyways, building the entire NetBSD (i.e. userland) would take
> approximately 1-2 weeks on my VS3100, I haven't been able to test

My machine is now building 'world' after SUPping a new tree.. It's
going for 2 days now and all seems well.

							Bye, Arno.

--
PSINetworks Europe           Fax: +31-23-5699841 | One disk to rule them all,
Siriusdreef 34               Tel: +31-23-5699840 | One disk to bind them,

 We say Retribution, We say Vengeance is bliss, We say Revolution,
 With a Cast-Iron fist!                  (Megadeth, 'The Disintegrators')