Subject: Re: xdm core dumps
To: Dave Arthur <arthurdc@burridge.nscc.ns.ca>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/27/1999 12:53:29
On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Dave Arthur wrote:

> I'm using the most recent binary image of NetBSD on a MV3100 20e.
> While running xdm and connecting an X Terminal session (SCO XVision) I
> get a disconnect and xdm core dump after about 10 minutes. I'm not
> using a WM from the VAX, jus xdm and the clients (xterm and xsm).

The X stuff under NetBSD/vax still lives somewhere between the "hey, it
compiled" and alpha stages of development.  The client programs are
generally well behaved, but the X server itself and apparently xdm still
need some work.  I don't know of anyone specifically working on getting X
working for the VAX.  So your best bet is to submit a bug report on it
using either the send-pr command from NetBSD, or use the web based form:
http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/sendpr.cgi?gndb=netbsd

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
      COPYRIGHT 1999 CHILDREN'S TELEVISION INSANE ASYLUM  -- K.