Subject: Re: [Fwd: Net-Booting MicroVAX II]
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Chris <jcwunder@eikon.tum.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/24/1999 01:10:19
Chuck McManis wrote:

> Great, you've got your ethernet address.
>
> Now you need to create a link in the /tftpboot/mop directory from
> 08002b04a423.SYS to boot.mop from the distribution. That way mopd
> will know what to send your client when it boots. (case is important!)
>
> After you've done that, then mopd will spit out a bunch more messages
> about downloading to the image and you should get a netbsd boot banner.
>
> --Chuck

Great !
I successfully net booted the uVAX !
And there comes the next problem: The install tool can't mount ("ra0 offline") the
first fixed disk :-(
It's a Maxtor 2190 connected to the RQDX3 controller.
The TK50 drive is unable to rewind the Tape, and I can't unload the drive.
Any ideas ?
Help is appreciated.
Thanks
                          Chris