Subject: Re: [Fwd: Net-Booting MicroVAX II]
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Chris <jcwunder@eikon.tum.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/23/1999 14:45:06
Chuck McManis wrote:

> At 12:17 AM 12/24/99 +0100, Chris wrote:
> >Hi,
> >thanks for your reply. It's nice to hear that my VAX is supposed to netboot.
> >Can you tell me where to find the ethernet address of my DEQNA controller ?
>
> The only way on the uVAX II to do this is to start a MOP server in "debug"
> mode on the network, and then type >>>B XQA0 on the uVAXII, the MOP server
> will report the MOP packets that it sees and their MAC address. Then write
> it on a label and tape it to the cover plate.
>
> --Chuck

I tried running mopd in debug mode and got the following message:
MOP  DL  8:0:2b:4:a4:23  >  ab:0:0:1:0:0  len  1       code   0 8  PRP
The ethernet hw address seems to be 08:00:2b:04:a4:23. I added it to the rarp
and arp list, and restarted mod and bootparmd.The uVAX hangs and I get the same
message from the mopd over and over again. According to the console connected to
the uVAX it's running the test cycle 2 but on the Patch Panel it displays a "1".
Another strange thing is that the LEDs on the DEQNA don't flash  when I reboot
the uVAX. Is the DEQNA defect ? Maybe it doesn't like the transciever I'm using.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
                          Chris