Subject: Re: Net-Booting MicroVAX II
To: Chris <jcwunder@eikon.tum.de>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/21/1999 13:21:28
On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Chris wrote:

> I'd like to install NetBSD on my MicroVAX II. But I don't have a disk
> image nor do I know how to make one.
> Is there a chance to net-boot the VAX with a mopd Server ?

Yes there is.  We fixed the netbooting problems with DEQNA/DELQA cards a
while back.  The 1.4.1 release netboots on the MicroVAX II just fine.  The
Netbooting HOWTO is out of date so you'll likely have to scrounge through
the port-vax mailing list archives for particulars, or you can ask me
if and when you run into problems.

> If that's not possible, how can I make a boot disk for my RX50 drive
> with a normal PC floppy drive ?

I haven't fully booted or installed a system using this method, but check
out John Wilson's PUTR program.  ftp://ftp.dbit.com/pub/putr/
It lets you write RX50 images using a 1.2Meg 5.25in floppy drive.

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
      Are you absolutely sure that you want to do this? [ny] n