Subject: Re: booting from CD?
To: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
From: ville hautakangas <vhautaka@cs.Helsinki.FI>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/19/1999 22:24:51
> the size is rather big. Uncompressed the image is 112 Megs = the
> size of a RZ32L. Where should i upload it? I haven't got any
> room left on my webaccount.

Probably you could get it to ftp.netbsd.org and the mirrors? And the VAX
hobbyist
sites, whatever there are. An FTP access to files that big is almost a
must.

> Burning the CD's turned out to be a bit of a pain. CD-record didn't
> support my cdwriter, and the only other recording software that supports
> both my Plextor-writer and raw diskimages turned out to be Gear PRO.
> Fortunately there was a 30-day demo available to download... :-)

Is your image a standard ISO cd image, such that can be burned with any
"normal"
software on a Windows box? Both CD-R's I have access to have Windows and
Adaptec Easy CD Creator, that supports ISO images.

I just don't feel right, when I see my VAXstation boot from the crappy
Linux box,
and I don't quite have the grip on NetBSD to do a disk image on my own. If
your
system is usable, I guess it would help... until I get some more SCSI disk
space.

- hautis