Subject: Re: booting from CD?
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@crue.jdwarren.com>
From: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/19/1999 05:07:10
Goodmorning!

I've made a diskimage suitable for making bootable install-CD's.
It contains the 1.4M snapshot, complete with a patched 1.4.1
sysinst in a 1.4M installkernel. I tried to make a CD with it
and it seems to work great. No problem booting it on my VS3100m76,
and with the DMA-SCSI in the 1.4M snapshot, it's really fast!

Since it comes complete with the 1.4M sources (i already had them
in my dist-tree) as well as with some of my favorite packages,
the size is rather big. Uncompressed the image is 112 Megs = the
size of a RZ32L. Where should i upload it? I haven't got any
room left on my webaccount.

Burning the CD's turned out to be a bit of a pain. CD-record didn't
support my cdwriter, and the only other recording software that supports
both my Plextor-writer and raw diskimages turned out to be Gear PRO.
Fortunately there was a 30-day demo available to download... :-)

--
cheers,

/Anders

"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according
to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs, the
future, for which I really worked, is mine."
(Nikolai Tesla, 1856-1943)

* Anders Hogrelius SdU   Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se
* 72216 Vasteras