Subject: Re: DHV-11 bug, What is a CXY08 ?
To: None <shsrms@bellatlantic.net>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@freegate.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/13/1999 18:22:35
At 08:56 PM 12/13/99 -0500, shsrms/aka/shsrms wrote:
>Now, bear with me for a tick, you have multiple disk interfaces?

Yes. The way the KFQSA works is it emulates one MSCP (or TMSCP) interface
for each device on the DSSI bus.

>Did you set up a new interface and do something to the addresses??

Yes. Using the CONFIGURE command that is built into the PROM, I identified
where the system would expect to find the devices. The result is that I
have the following devices in my Q/CD chassis (BA213):

 Slot	Board        CSR    IOV  Notes
-----	----------  ------  ---  ----------------
   1	KA655 CPU
   2	32MB RAM
   3	32MB Ram
   4	DELQA       174440  754
   5	KFQSA       172150  770 (DUA0:, RF71 boot device)
    	            160334  764 (DUB1:, RF72)
    	            160340  760 (DUC2:, RF30)
   6	DHV11       160500  310 (ttyS0 - ttyS1)
   7	TQK70       174500  774 (MUA0:)

>just asking dumb questions...

Ask away! I've been whacking on this all weekend to try to figure out where
it hurts :-). The kernel has been recompiled with an additional ra2
interface and with the dhu11 at csr 160500.

--Chuck