Subject: Re: Weird Ethernet problems on VS3100/m30 KA42 1.2
To: Brian D Chase , <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/02/1999 22:37:55
on 12/2/99 8:29 PM, Brian D Chase at bdc@world.std.com wrote:

> [snip]
>
> Ragge moved us back to the machine independent lance ethernet driver.
> The 1.4.1 release has the VAX specific driver.  The first one or two of
> the 1.4L kernels that were distributed exhibited these timeout problems.
> But I think Ragge fixed them in subsequent updates.  I've not been
> following current for a while, so I'm not exactly up to date on all my
> info.  Man, we could use a current snapshot right about now :-)
>
> Does anyone know when 1.5 is scheduled to go out?
>
> -brian.
> --- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
> It was powered by one AA battery from Radio Shack, in other words, half
> a normal AA battery.  -- K.

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't able to communicate with the VAX under
1.4L until I turned off 802.3 on my Mac, could the 802.3 be declaring
network collision timeout/"backoff" to the network? Since 802.3 is used on
all the LANCE chips, is this a bug I should PR or are we in the clear?

    Chris

--
    "I use to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure..."