Subject: Re: Free VAX 4000-300 !
To: None <ccraft@netgenius.org>
From: None <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/02/1999 15:12:02
On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Chris Craft wrote:

> I'd love to get my hands on this one, but I live in Colorado and have no
> way of getting it here besides hiring a shipping company to do so!
> (Expen$ive!)  Any suggestions?

Only one, if you paid $200 for one similar locally you'll likely save
money and VAX4000s are not that rare.  Shipping for that kind of weight
is not trivial.

Since he (matt) does not wish to be involved in shipping it or packing it
you would have to rely on someone local to pick it up (assuming they
didn't want it).  This is often the case with systems, the owner cannot or
wishes to not get involved in the potenital hassels of shipping it.  As  a
result of that in the past I've driven some serious distances to get some
of the systems I now have.

That whole pile of hardware is enough to fill the back of a small pickup
when you include the terminals, docs, TU81 and friends.

Allison