Subject: Re: make build fail while compiling dd
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Dann Lunsford <dann@greycat.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/30/1999 17:20:26
On Tue, Nov 30, 1999 at 06:46:26PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	You probably need to rebuild the compiler - try
> 	'cd /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/egcs ; make && make install'

     That did it!  Thanks!  Now, a more or less serious question:
Has any work been done to re-design the build process so this
sort of thing is done automagically?  I use FreeBSD on my x86
machines, and on them, tools such as compiler and linker are done
pretty early during a "make world".  Not sure if this wouldn't be
a Good Thing for NetBSD as well.  Granted, redesigning the system
build process would not be a small thing, but it might be worth
it.
     In any case, thanks again.  My build is now in progress once
more.

--
Dann Lunsford       The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
dann@greycat.com    is that men of good will do nothing.  --  Cicero