Subject: Re: root password after install
To: None <obsidian@gmx.de>
From: Arno Griffioen <arno@usn.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/29/1999 20:14:50
> I've got a problem with my installation of NetBSD. When I NFS mount it, I
> can't change the root password with passwd. I always get passwd file is
> busy. And when I copy all the stuff to my SCSI disk and I boot it, I can't
> log in because root hasn't got a password. What should I do?

You could export your NFS root with a no_root_squash. It now probably
maps root to nobody and it's not allowed to write to /etc/passwd.

Just a guess.. Could be a lockd/statd thing too.

								Bye, Arno.

--
PSINetworks Europe           Fax: +31-23-5699841 | One disk to rule them all,
Siriusdreef 34               Tel: +31-23-5699840 | One disk to bind them,

 We say Retribution, We say Vengeance is bliss, We say Revolution,
 With a Cast-Iron fist!                  (Megadeth, 'The Disintegrators')