Subject: Re: VAXstations 2000 and 3100/M38
To: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/21/1999 19:59:43
On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Olaf Seibert wrote:
> On Sun 21 Nov 1999 at 23:06:47 +0100, Anders Hogrelius SdU wrote:

> > Sounds weird to me... What does ifconfig -a say?
>
> I've given up for today, so I can't copy it from the machine, but I saw
> nothing unusual. ln0 and lo0 were both UP, for instance. I ifconfiged
> them down and up a few times, to no avail. (For some PC ethernet cards
> that helps sometimes)

Another thing to consider is whether you're using the AUI port with a
transceiver or if you're using the 10Base-2 BNC connector.  There's a
push-button switch near the two which selects one or the other.  If you've
not already checked this, you may want to investigate.

Also, the SCSI TK50 support under the 1.4.1 release for NetBSD/vax is just
not up to the task of performing an installation.  You'll need to perform
a network install or get the install image booted from a disk device.

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
              I have always been here.  I like taffy.  -- K.