Subject: Re: VAXstations 2000 and 3100/M38
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/21/1999 21:58:29
on 11/21/99 8:20 PM, Olaf Seibert at rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl wrote:

> I've given up for today, so I can't copy it from the machine, but I saw
> nothing unusual. ln0 and lo0 were both UP, for instance. I ifconfiged
> them down and up a few times, to no avail. (For some PC ethernet cards
> that helps sometimes)

    What does your ifconfig statement look like? If you are running it from
the command line it should be:

ifconfig ln0 inet up 192.168.1.16 broadcast 192.168.1.255 netmask
255.255.255.0

    If you made the file ifconfig.ln0 in /etc then it would be the above
line without ifconfig.

    Where 192.168.1.16 is the machines IP address. You also need to add the
IP, hostname and aliases to your /etc/hosts file and adding the hardware
addresses and machine name to /etc/ethers. That should get them talking.

    Chris

--
    "I use to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure..."