Subject: re: gdb failure when MKPIC=no
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/21/1999 16:36:03
[regarding gdb missing solib references due to solib.c exclusion with NOPIC]

> ISTR that solib.c uses dl*() functions that are only available
> to programs that are dynamic..

I don't see any indication of this with test programs I've compiled
and linked statically using the gdb which I've forced the inclusion of
solib.c.  And, as I mentioned, the other BSD's don't make any exceptions
when shared libraries aren't built.

I'm going to keep a current static gdb around, now that I've determined this
to be the only gotcha in the tree with NOPIC, and see if anything remarkable
becomes evident when comparing it to the dynamic gdb.

Regards,
		-skots
--
Scott G. Akmentins-Taylor     InterNet: staylor@mrynet.com