Subject: Re: VAXstations 2000 and 3100/M38
To: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/21/1999 22:57:43
On Sun 21 Nov 1999 at 22:00:08 +0100, Olaf Seibert wrote:
> sysinst. So if the procedure fails too soon, I'll have to start over
> from Ultrix (or re-boot the tape of course). (In fact I'm doing that
> already since I left the network unplugged and now ping won't even send
> packets).

Hm, even after power-cycling the machine, still no network traffic.  In
fact, even a ping to 127.0.0.1 claims it sent no packets. It can't be a
DNS failure since I'm using -n all over the place, and made a small
hosts file too... weird.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder.ubc.     -- If one tells the truth,
\X/ .kun.nl     -- one is sure, sooner or later, to be found out. (Oscar Wilde)