Subject: setting interrupts and other things.
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/21/1999 12:21:37
The VAX port bus interfaces need bus specific but VAX independent
mechanisms to establish and disestablish interrupts.  Even the MI
qbus code uses scb_vecalloc which is just wrong.  There should be
qbus_intr_establish and qbus_intr_disestablish calls (as well as
vsbus_intr_establish and vsbus_intr_disestablish).

IMO, that the current method of doing interrupt probing in
the probe routine is evil.  That is inherently platform specific
and some devices are difficult to get to trigger an interrupt.

If this needs to be done, then there should bus specific routines
to handle this and it should be done in the attach routines.

I do believe that the all the vsbus drivers should be using
bus_space and that the vsbus should not be supplying a vaddr.

If we want the VAX to use more MI code, we need to use more of the
MI mechanisms.