Subject: Re: VAXstations 2000 and 3100/M38
To: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
From: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/21/1999 21:00:02
On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, Olaf Seibert wrote:

> then nothing. I remembered reading about console switching, so I tried
> the other 2 MMJ jacks too, and the db-25 port too, but no result.
> Something *was* happening though, since the tape unit reset.
>
> There is a little switch next to the diagnostics leds, but I'm reluctant
> to try it, since Ultrix works ok in whatever setting it is now, and I
> prodded another one nearly to death already. Besides, according to the
> info on www.netbsd.org, the MicroVAX 3100/10 does not have graphics
> hardware, so why would it have a switch for it?

I think you should try the switch anyway. Even though your box
hasn't got any graphics hardware i think the switch should be in the
"up" position. I know this is true on the VAXStations, and as far as i
know the hardware isn't that much different on the MicroVAX 3100/10.
I could be wrong though... :-)

--
cheers,

/Anders

"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according
to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs, the
future, for which I really worked, is mine."
(Nikola Tesla, 1856-1943)

* Anders Hogrelius SdU   Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se
* 72216 Vasteras