Subject: Re: Reading old sun CD on NetBSD 1.4.1 or later?
To: David Brownlee <abs@mono.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/16/1999 14:24:25
> 	Hmm - SunOS CDs are in Sun UFS format IIRC. Does you get any
> 	panic message? (I'd definitely be trying this with the latest
> 	-current)

At 2am I was not thinking that far ahead, so as to copy down the
abort messages.  Frustration and sleep deprivation had begun to
set in on the olde man.....(:+{{... From memory.....

There was a locking function of some kind called, and a short message of
``I'm locking myself'' or something like that, then  it immediately
went into the >>> prom prompt.  That is all I remember.  Is there
a message log that I should be looking at that might catch some of
the message output as it aborts?  One time, it went into the debugger,
I think that was when I was trying to mount_cd9660.  The other mounts
just aborted.

I was using the  1.4.1, 1.4L, 1.4M kernels.  I was waiting until tomorrow
for a snapshot from (forgot his name) so I can get my machine in sync
sourcewise, before I go too much further.

Let me copy down the info on tonights crashes, and get back.....(:+}}...

Bob