Subject: Re: pine 4.20 success...sort of...
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/11/1999 15:43:40
On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Brian D Chase wrote:

> I'd sort of gotten the opinion that Anders had compiled up pine using just
> the source as distributed by washington.edu.
You are correct, i compiled the sources from washington.edu, since i
didn't get the precompiled version to work. (due to the missing file)

> Is it possible that he compiled up pine with dynamic libraries but that
> libpico.so.* didn't get installed into the dynamic library path?  The
> error message he got wasn't very clear, it just looks like something
> exploded somewhere.

Nope, i compiled pine 4.20 statically linked to libpico.a The
errormessages was from that version of pine, when it crashed
opening a mail. The missing lib error was from the older version.

--
cheers,

/Anders

"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according
to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs, the
future, for which I really worked, is mine."
(Nikola Tesla, 1856-1943)

* Anders Hogrelius SdU   Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se
* 72216 Vasteras