Subject: booting the VAX/VLC
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@freegate.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/10/1999 14:25:43
Hello Everyone,

I powered up the VAX 4000/VLC and got it to talk to the serial port as the
console. It comes up to the chevron prompt nicely. A show dev shows ESA0
and DKA300 (on the SCSI bus). I tried booting from the disk but that came
up "NOSUCHFILE" so I'm guessing the disk was wiped. Then I tried netbooting
and after setting up a link to the 1.4 booter, and restarting mopd, the
console of the VAX prints out:
>>>B ESA0
-ESA0

  83 BOOT SYS

What is my VAX trying to tell me? Did it not like the MOP image? On the mop
server I see a bunch of packets like it was being loaded correctly but it
doesn't seem to fly. Help!

--Chuck