Subject: Re: Minimum MicroVAX 3100/20 kernel config?
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/08/1999 10:19:09
> > > Question .... what exactly is the MicroVAX 3100/20?  Is that a VAX43
> > > or a VAX410?  I sense it is the VAX410, from what folks have been
> > > telling me.

> Very simple: all 3100's are KA410 except for 3100/M76 which is KA43 :-)
> Why? Because from the programmers point of view they are very similar.

OK, this is what was confusing me.  The boot prom said KA41-A, or something
like that, and was was not the VAX410, or so I thought.  A note to that effect
on the comment line next to the VAX410 line would help.  I looked about
for KA41, and the closest hunch was VAX410.  AS it turned out, that was
the correct one, anyway.

Bob