Subject: Re: Minimum MicroVAX 3100/20 kernel config?
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/08/1999 10:15:13
> > > Question .... what exactly is the MicroVAX 3100/20?  Is that a VAX43
> > > or a VAX410?  I sense it is the VAX410, from what folks have been
> > > telling me.

> Very simple: all 3100's are KA410 except for 3100/M76 which is KA43 :-)
> Why? Because from the programmers point of view they are very similar.
>
> -- Ragge

OK.  For the sake of us VAXspeak dummies, down the road, perhaps adding
to the VAX410 definition comment that it includes MV3100 less M76, would
be of use?  The M76 was in the VAX43 line, so it was slightly confusing.

As the VAXspeak dummy, I figured that the machine (MV3100/20) was running
on something that said VS in the dmesg, so that kindof keyed out to VAX410.
It worked for this dummy, but still was making me think exactly why.

A few more comments on the models for each VAXxx cpu line would help
clarify things.

... thinking out loud ...

Thanks

Bob