Subject: Re: Surplus pickings --- what is VR201B and GDM-1602?
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Ronny Svedman <ronny@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/08/1999 02:32:17
On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, NetBSD Bob wrote:

> I went dumpster diving in Moo U surplus, again, today, and came up with
> a VR201B for buck, and a GDM-1602 for 5 bucks.
>
> 1.  Can the VR201B be used as a terminal (VT220 style) or do I need to
>     run back for what is labelled as a VT240 base to go with it?

The VR201 is just a CRT video display; so you need to go get a base to
connect it to. the vt240 is a sluggish but cool text/graphics terminal,
with full 8-bit charsets and a nice termcap entry :-)

* Ronny Svedman  	ronny@update.uu.se		*
* Sturegatan 12A :123   Lando_C, in IRCnet #australia	*
* 75314 UPPSALA         http://www.update.uu.se/~ronny	*
* Sweden    		+46-(0)709-525109		*