Subject: Re: QDSS 8 (aks VCB02)
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/07/1999 11:37:50
At 08:14 PM 11/7/99 +0100, Anders Magnusson wrote:
>They should work in the 1.4 releases, but it is currently broken in
>-current. There is even a working X server available for it, people
>have told me :-) I plan to rewrite the driver for it so that it uses
>wscons, this is probably one of my nearest vax projects.

Cool, sort of. The problem with wscons is that it means you are the
console. I've had quite a bit of grief trying to get a FreeBSD box to have
a graphic adapter _and_ have the console be the serial port rather than the
keyboard/mouse. What I'm trying to have is a remotely accessible display
screen that I can boot/reboot etc from a tip line. So if you do rewrite in
wscons please allow me to configure it so that it is configured but NOT the
console. Then I use it in my programs remotely.

--Chuck