Subject: GCC Binutils broken in -current
To: NetBSD VAX Port <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/06/1999 00:53:04
Hello everyone!

I tried to recompile bfd and binutils from the sources in -current

It didn't work. It seems that the sources are broken. There are some
stuff missing in configure in bfd, and i don't know enough to fix it.

When i try to run "configure --target=vax-dec-netbsd" configure fails
complaining about vaxnetbsd_vec.

I was hoping that it was possible to build a crosscompiler so i can
compile the kernel on my linuxbox. 10 min. buildtime is a lot better
than 8 hours... :-) It doesn't seem to be possible for the moment though.

--
cheers,

/Anders

"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according
to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs, the
future, for which I really worked, is mine."
(Nikola Tesla, 1856-1943)

* Anders Hogrelius SdU   Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se
* 72216 Vasteras